BE PART OF THE TEAM
Volunteers are the backbone of the Jamboree. You are why we are the premier country music festival in the Northwest!
Each year, over 1,000 individuals sign up to volunteer at the Oregon Jamboree, taking time from work and their families to help make our festival a success. We appreciate the work of our dedicated volunteer teams and we would love to have you as a part of our event.
In order to become a Jamboree volunteer you must be 18 years of age and completely fill out and sign an annual Volunteer Application and Waiver.
Dates and Times of Service
Volunteer Teams work various schedules depending on their specific duties and responsibilities.
- Most shifts occur the weekend of the event; however, some teams will begin work a week or two before the event.
- While some volunteers work many more hours, a minimum of three, six hour shifts are required to receive volunteer benefits.
Once you are approved, your team supervisor will provide you with your work dates and schedule.
Since there are more applicants than positions available, limiting your choice to 3 teams will greatly improve your chance of being placed.
- Please indicate in order of preference (first, second, third) the areas in which you would like to volunteer (limit 3)
- All applicants will be notified of their status by the middle of May.
YOU MUST BE CONFIRMED AS A VOLUNTEER AND PLACED ON OUR CONFIRMED LIST BEFORE ANY ORDERS FOR VOLUNTEER TICKETS, T-SHIRTS OR SWEATSHIRTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- A three-day wristband to get in and out of the concert, while on- and off-duty.
- Two additional three-day tickets at a discounted price
- One free volunteer t-shirt (to be used as your uniform during the event) (Extra shirts and sweatshirts are available for purchase.)
The Oregon Jamboree thanks our volunteers for their hard work and for making our festival a successful event.
2014 OREGON JAMBOREE VOLUNTEER TEAM DESCRIPTIONS
- Accounting (Requires Pre-Approval): Perform various accounting and administrative duties. Banking experience is preferred.
- Advanced Ticket Sales: Pre-sale of next year’s tickets.
- Artist Merchandise: Manage artist merchandise sales and keep inventory. Cash-handling skills required.
- Backstage Hospitality (Requires Pre-Approval): Coordinate all pre- and post-event meals for volunteers; along with hosting all backstage meals, drinks and snacks during event weekend.
- Beer Garden: Provide a safe environment for beer garden patrons. Must be 21 years of age and have sales experience.
- Camp Hosts: Click here for more information about becoming a Camp Host.
- Camp Marking Team: Pre-event campground set-up. Must be able to work the weekend before event from 7am-5pm. Long, hot days, but you’re done before the music starts.
- Clean Team: Clean-up and maintenance at concert site.
- Communications: Keep all key people in radio contact with each other throughout the event. Sign out radios to designated volunteers. Recharge battery packs and maintain inventory.
- Crowd Management: Provide a safe environment for all concert patrons. Assist patrons with orderly chair placement, monitor wristbands and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Electricians (Requires Pre-Approval): Must be licensed electrician.
- Event Box Office: Process e-tickets and will call tickets, provide customer service.
- Guest Services: Provide an enjoyable environment for all concert patrons. Greet patrons and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Information Booth: Provide patrons and volunteers with information. Manage Lost-and-Found items and patron surveys.
- Merchandise: Manage festival merchandise sales and keep inventory. Cash-handling skills required.
- Patron Banding: Exchange tickets for wristbands, provide customer service.
- Patron Parking Team: Provide parking assistance/directions to patrons and volunteers, check parking passes.
- Runners (Requires Pre-Approval): Provide backstage support by running errands. Must have knowledge of the area, provide a valid Oregon Drivers License and be available at all times during concert weekend.
- Scrip Accounting (Requires Pre-Approval): Perform accounting duties relating to scrip. Banking experience is preferred.
- Scrip Sales (Requires Pre-Approval): Manage scrip sales and provide patrons with information. Cash-handling skills required.
- Signs: Install directional signs on streets and highways and install banners on-site. Must be able to work the week before and the Monday after the event.
- Site Set-Up and Tear-Down: Provide various construction related tasks. Requirements for this team include some heavy lifting and the ability to operate a forklift. This team’s schedule can begin as early as the Friday before the week of the event and concludes the Monday following the event.
- Sponsor Check-In: Work on-site with sponsors. Monitor sponsor check-in booth and facilitate sponsor needs throughout the event.
- Sponsor Hospitality (Requires Pre-Approval): Staff Sponsor Hospitality Tent. Restock menu items, monitor sign-in sheet, keeping area neat and clean.
- Stagehands (Requires Pre-Approval): Unload trucks, set-up musical equipment and assist in backstage production needs. Heavy lifting required.
- Vendor Check-In: Work on-site with vendors. Monitor vendor check-in booth.
- Volunteer Hospitality (Requires Pre-Approval): Provide all meals, drinks and snacks for on-duty volunteers.
- Volunteer Support Team: Assist with packaging of volunteer shirts prior to event/Sign-in volunteers event weekend, assist with volunteer parking, act as a relief for other volunteer teams, assist with food delivery for camp host teams on Thursday before event.
- Water Team: Set up and take down of water connections for all services on the event grounds.