We have year around teams, teams that work primarily during the event, teams that work primarily before and after the event, and teams that serve our campers. Descriptions below!
- Promo Team: Our one team that is a year around gig! Some hours during the Jamboree, summer concerts, Mystery concerts and other events.
These teams work primarily during the event:
- Advanced Ticket Sales: Pre-sale of next year’s tickets. Computer competence is required.
- Merchandise: Manage festival and/or artist merchandise sales and keep inventory. Cash-handling skills required.
- Beer Garden: Provide a safe environment for beer garden patrons. Must be 21 years of age and have sales experience.
- Bingo: Provide assistance at the Bingo event.
- Crowd Management: Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all concert patrons. Greet and assist patrons with orderly chair placement, monitor wristbands and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Guest Services: Provide an enjoyable environment for all concert patrons. Greet patrons and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Event Box Office: Process e-tickets and will call tickets, provide customer service.
- Hospitality Services: Provide maintenance services for hospitality areas during the festival.
- Information Booth: Provide patrons and volunteers with information. Manage Lost-and-Found items and patron surveys.
- Kid Zone: Manage the Kid Zone area, maintaining a safe and enjoyable place for patrons with their children.
- Parking Team: Provide parking assistance/directions to patrons & volunteers, and monitoring check points for valid parking passes.
- Patron Banding: Exchange tickets for wristbands, provide customer service.
- Scrip Sales: Manage scrip sales and provide patrons with information. Cash-handling skills required
- Site on Site: Our go-to team to get things taken care of during the event. Moving chairs, fixing lights, emptying garbage cans, checking gates… they do it all! Busy should be the name of this team because they don’t stand around long!
- Stagehands: Unload trucks, set-up musical equipment and assist in backstage production needs. Heavy lifting required.
- Volunteer Hospitality: Monitor volunteer eating area and provide breakfasts during the event to our fabulous volunteers (we don’t serve the difficult ones-beware!)
These teams work before and after the event and are on-call during the event.
- Camp Marking Team: Pre-event campground set-up. Must be able to work the weekend before event from 7am-5pm. Long, hot days, but you’re done before the music starts!
- Signs: Install directional signs on streets and highways and install banners on-site. Must be able to work the week before and the Monday after the event.
- Site Set-Up and Tear-Down: Provide various construction related tasks. Requirements for this team include some heavy lifting and the ability to operate a forklift. This team’s schedule can begin as early as the Friday before the week of the event and concludes the week following the event.
- Stage Build/Tear Down: Build the stage before the event and tear down the stage after the event. General construction experience would be helpful.
- Water Systems Team: Set up and take down of water connections for all services on the event grounds. Basically mobile plumbers.
These teams serve our Campers:
- Camping Support: Part of the Camp Host team, you assist the Camp Host Supervisors in setting up. This includes stocking supply totes for the campgrounds, transporting the totes, light towers, ATV’s, and safety equipment (some weighing up to 40#) to and from the campgrounds and aid in setting up the equipment. Also includes helping with meals for camp hosts before and throughout the event. Must have a vehicle with a two inch (2″) ball and the ability to tow light towers and ATV trailers to and from campgrounds.